It is an incontrovertible fact that the right food nutrition will help you lose weight quickly and safely. As long as you know the relative importance of different food groups then you will be able to formulate the right kind of diet for yourself.
It is a very common misconception that weight loss necessarily involves deprivation. Yes, if you diet consists of burgers, fries and milkshakes on a daily basis then you certainly need to deprive yourself. However, most people do not have such extremely unhealthy diets and therefore don't need to make a lot of changes.
1. Eat the foods that give you pleasure, but in limited quantities. One cannot deny the fact that eating delicious food is a very sensuous experience. There is no point cutting out good food if you're going to feel miserable about it. You'll just end up overeating in compensation so you might as well eat small quantities of your favourite things.
2. Never eat food on the run. Take the time out to enjoy a meal so that you get the maximum satisfaction from it. Chew your food properly and eat it off a pretty plate. Stay away from the television when having your meals or you'll just keep shovelling food in. You'll feel satisfied after the meal and won't feel food cravings too strongly if you really enjoy what you're doing.
3. Stick to cuisines and recipes that don't involve a lot of deep frying or roasting. There are many delicious types of foods that don't require a whole lot of fat in the cooking process. Take a little bit of effort to find out about these foods so that you can enjoy delicious meals that are not packed with calories.
4. Make low calorie substitutions whenever possible. It is generally possible to make most dishes without using high-calorie ingredients or a lot of fat. A little bit of creativity goes a long way here. If you use whole grain flour in place of refined flour then you might have to add extra milk or water to it in order to make it light. Similarly, applesauce can be used to replace some (but not all) of the fat that goes into your batter for cakes.
5. Keep only healthy food at home. If you don't buy crisps, cakes, biscuits and the like then there is no chance of reaching for them when you want a snack. Be sure to have healthy snacks handy (cut fruit and vegetables, unsalted almonds, hummus etc.) so that you don't go crazy with hunger.
You'll find it very easy to lose weight and stay healthy if you have the right attitude towards food nutrition. Never make the mistake of dieting obsessively. You'll just be putting a lot of pressure on yourself if you punish yourself whenever you eat a bit more that you ought to. These simple tips will help you reduce the amount of food you eat without really being aware of the fact that you are dieting